Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trail Reports » Indian Lake/Moose River Plains

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:38 pm 
Rookie

Looking for a diehard ride Saturday. Want to take my nephew out and run stabil thru the tanks. Hoping to launch in Indian Lake. Never tried before. I guess i take Pelon to Benton for a parking lot. Any more clues as to where to park/launch? Just find a spot somewhere n road ride to end of Benton? Turn left to hit village trail? May head out to Newcomb intersection and back. Hey Darrin! Think i will have enough snow? Anyone know id DEC will spank me for riding in April? Any trail closures? Gates open? Appreciate any input. Thanks. If its not possible then will Perkins be open for a ride?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:08 pm 
Rookie

Did it yesterday, bear left at the fork on Pelon, go all the way to the end. Trail starts there. 6 miles kinda bony goat path stuff, then at the 4 way intersection hang a right towards Newcomb. trails were great usual spring type riding some bare spots but rideable. DON'T go to Long lake at the T, a right there will take you 8 miles to the Newcomb House, great food, a little bony in spots about 60 miles up and back. We did 90 yesterday making the mistake to try and get to Long LAKE! :dance:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:30 pm 
Rookie

Thanks. Looks like map shows a turn around at the end. Hope its ok to park there or alongside rd. I take it that i will be passing the parking lot to get to the end and have to park there or along side the rd

Board index » Trail Reports » Indian Lake/Moose River Plains