Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trail Reports » Speculator/Perkins Clearing

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:35 pm 
ILSNOW Legend

Ask it every year, may as well continue the trend lol! What's the logging going to be this season for the area in respect to the trails?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:34 am 

Got the information for this season over the weekend. Not to bad, and here it is... In the Tree Farm, the only closures for this season are Elm Lake Road, and Fly Creek Road. They will be closed for the season. In Perkins Clearing, the Lower Perkins Clearing Road from the Route 30 entry point up to Mud Lake Road, AND Mud Lake Road up to Mossy Vly will be closed for the season. That's it. There is an updated bypass for the Lower Perkins Road portion in place. All things considered... Not too bad. Have a great riding season All!! BIG Mike

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:55 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

These are the same closures as last season, correct?

The lower Perkins bypass was not too bad last year, but I recall a tough water hazard at the outlet of a small pond. Any possibility of a small bridge there? Lower Perkins was reopened last year so it ended up not being a huge problem, but if the bypass is going to be for the season it would be good to deal with that water hazard. At one point last year it was not passable and people were going around it on the pond ice. Other than that the trail wasn't bad once it got some snow cover.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Seems like Elm Lake Road and Fly Creek has been closed for years now...

Too bad Lower Perkins will be closed for the season. I hope some work will be done to the bypass trail to fix the water spots, especially by the pond.

Darrin

Get to the ilsnow.com home page and subscribe to my newsletter. It's the fastest way for me to quickly inform people on news regarding snowmobiling. Subscription is FREE and I will never give or sell your email address to putrid spammers!

Reach thousands of snowmobilers:
Become an advertising partner with ilsnow.com

Direct ALL advertising queries to: ilsnowcom@gmail.com

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:30 pm 

I was told that the bypass has been updated, and that pond issue addressed. I'll be able to confirm that soon. Yes, I believe this set of closures is the same as last year.

Board index » Trail Reports » Speculator/Perkins Clearing