Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trail Reports » Other Places

Post subject: Long Lake to Lake Clear
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:47 pm 
Veteran Member

I had an invitation from the NYSSA Executive Director Dominic Jacangelo to ride with Governor Cuomo from Buck Pond campsite just north of Charlies Inn in Lake Clear. John Walker and I arrived at the scheduled time of 11 but no one was there therefore we never saw anyone. John and I left Long Lake at 7:30 taking C7B to Sabattis. The trail and Sabattis Rd were in good condition for riding. The tracks from Sabattis (C7) were bumpy. A little better from Horseshoe into Tupper Lake. However the trestle was challenging as John got stuck on it. 6 sleds were heading South while we were there and two of them got stuck. C7 (RR) was rough from Tupper to Lake Clear. After Lake Clear C7 followed the power line and although a little choppy was better than the RR. C7B was in good shape which led us through Buck Pond and back to Charlies. At Charlies we found out many locals use the lakes to bypass the RR to Tupper. When we got to Tupper we spoke with someone who said you could get to Horseshoe Lake without traveling the RR. He guided us on a beautiful well groomed local trail into St Lawrence County. From there we rode the Childwold trails to Horseshoe that were freshly groomed. However the RR from Horseshoe to Sabattis still had not been groomed. About an inch or two of fresh snow made the Sabattis Rd even better. Altogether we rode about a 180 miles.

Board index » Trail Reports » Other Places