Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trail Reports » Other Places

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:47 pm 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

Left Glenfield 11:30 after taking care of some business.

Rode up to the hill via Lee Road/local trails and fields, to Corrigan Hill Rd. Plowed roads mostly bare but plenty of snow everywhere else.

ON the hill, took Fykes Rd. to Graves Rd. to Maple Ridge Rd. A little side exploration (snow is deep and starting to get heavy but still not solid) then back, over to French Rd.(C5H), Carey Rd. , Flat Rock Rd. (C5A), Ohlin Rd.(C5D). Salmon River Rd. at Tug Hill Hook & Ladder looked pretty bare.

Took bypass trail to Culpepper Rd.(C5), Worth Rd. and cut back to Mile Strip (C5) in to Barnes Corners.

All trails excellent grooming and full coverage except the last bit (Doug's Drive) to the parking lot at Barnes Corners which was showing a little snirt in spots. Expected since this is the only trail to/from the parking lot and Tuggers.

From Barnes Corners took C5 down to Copenhagen.

All actual trails excellent but the short on-road sections are pretty much bare. I was able to ride snowbanks in some places.

The trail north from intersection 56C at Copenhagen is closed due to windmill construction. Plenty of snow on Copenhagen area trails. Village streets bare of course.

C5K to intersection 55C was good, but not quite as smooth as the previous trails. C5 in to Carthage had some moguls in the narrower sections.

Once you get to the Missing Link groomer barn in Carthage you would have to ride city streets to get through. Signage is horrible. Don't plan on going to Carthage for lunch unless you want to ride bare streets with traffic or park and walk a fairly long distance.

Came back on C5B (crosses Rt 12 at The Maples). Excellent condition.

106 miles, almost all excellent trail conditions.

My digital thermometer said the high today was 50° in Glenfield but I doubt it was nearly that warm out of the valley. It was partly overcast for most of the afternoon. Not a lot of obvious melting yet, but I did notice that by the end of the day the snow off trail was much heavier.

. Brantingham Snomads http://www.brantinghamsnomads.org
---------------------------------------------------------------KC2WI

Board index » Trail Reports » Other Places