Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » All Things Snowmobiling » Snowmobiling Issues

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:36 am 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

As far as I know the director position is still open. The last two directors were appointed by stupid NYS without regard to their knowledge of or concern for snowmobiling. It was just a seniority/check off the administrative qualifications thing. The last one had never been on a snowmobile before becoming the director of the snowmobile unit, and I don't think the previous one had either. Neither of them were snowmobilers, they were bureaucrat administrators. If we had someone who was a snowmobiler, preferrably with experience as a volunteer as well, I think a lot of these problems would be addressed because the director of the snowmobile unit would be someone who really cares about snowmobiling, rather than more than a bean counter andministrator career bureaucrat.

I wrote letters to my state senator, assemblyman, and the governor as follows:

Quote:
I understand the position of director of the snowmobile unit at the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation is now open again. The last two directors were career bureaucrats. They were not people who had any experience with or love for the sport. Just happened to be next in line for a promotion. This is insane. Having never ridden a snowmobile, much less actually performed any trail maintenance, there is no way someone could really understand the sport. (Most snowmobile riders who have not volunteered to help really don't even understand what it takes to maintain the system.) How could someone who knows little to nothing about the sport effectively administer the trail fund, which comes 100% from snowmobile registrations? Answer is, they can't. Please do not let this happen again.

Senator Griffo's officer apparently forwarded this and I received the foillowing:

Quote:
From: OGS.sm.Recruitment and Public Service [mailto:OGS.sm.RecruitmentandPublicService@ogs.ny.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 12:39 PM
Subject: Center for Recruitment and Public Service-Correspondence

Dear Mr. Newell,

Thank you for expressing your interest in Director of Snowmobile Unit at the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation. Your information has been forwarded to the appropriate staff. You will be contacted should they require further information.

Thank you for your interest in contributing to the State of New York.

Center for Recruitment and Public Service

40th Floor-Corning Tower

Albany, NY 12242

So I am suggesting that other snowmobiles send similar comments instead of just complaining about "Parks".

. Brantingham Snomads http://www.brantinghamsnomads.org
---------------------------------------------------------------KC2WI

Board index » All Things Snowmobiling » Snowmobiling Issues