Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » All Things Snowmobiling » Snowmobiling Issues

Post subject: Salisbury to Ohio tavern
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

Just wondering how far it is of a ride from the clubhouse to the tavern and is it a straight run or are there a lot of intersections .

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:53 pm 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

there were a few intersections. Make sure you fuel up at the club or you won't make the entire loop. I just made it last yr back to pisecc

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:06 am 
ILSNOW Legend

Its about 28 miles.
If you take the southern route C4 (Military RD) to Norway its 28 miles. Takes us about 1 hour.
If you take C4 ( Jerseyfield lake Rd to Bull Hill Rd ) its a little less. Maybe 23 or 25 miles. This way is more scenic. We took this route down ( Mosquito Hill ( C7C ) to Bull Hill (C 4 )
Either way there's a little road riding. Spike is right. Gas at the Club cause the only other place that might have gas is in Norway ( Store ) He didn't look open last Friday when we went thru. ( 4.30 PM ) I didn't see any beer lights in his window.
If you take the Military Rd don't miss the hard right almost at the end. If you miss this right you'll wind up in Poland then have to work your way back. This hard right is at the end of a canyon. Another route with a little less road riding is when you take this hard right, take a left only about 100 yds into Coldbrook. This trail come out across the road from the American Legion. They welcome snowmobilers. Go right thru their yard up a steep hill and take a right at the next intersection and follow C4 right to the Ohio Hotel.
We found 4 guys that rode from Oneonta trying to get to Turin near Boonville here in Norway studying that worthless map of the Adk. trail system. One guy said he new where he was if he could get to Hinkley Res. They were 1 hour out of their way. Told them to follow us and I'd point him to within about 2 miles of Hinkley. We went on to the Ohio Hotel. Very cold trip.
Ron

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:15 pm 
NYSSA Trails Coordinator

Ron & Derrie Rybicki wrote:
Its about 28 miles.
If you take the southern route C4 (Military RD) to Norway its 28 miles. Takes us about 1 hour.
If you take C4 ( Jerseyfield lake Rd to Bull Hill Rd ) its a little less. Maybe 23 or 25 miles. This way is more scenic. We took this route down ( Mosquito Hill ( C7C ) to Bull Hill (C 4 )
Either way there's a little road riding. Spike is right. Gas at the Club cause the only other place that might have gas is in Norway ( Store ) He didn't look open last Friday when we went thru. ( 4.30 PM ) I didn't see any beer lights in his window.
If you take the Military Rd don't miss the hard right almost at the end. If you miss this right you'll wind up in Poland then have to work your way back. This hard right is at the end of a canyon. Another route with a little less road riding is when you take this hard right, take a left only about 100 yds into Coldbrook. This trail come out across the road from the American Legion. They welcome snowmobilers. Go right thru their yard up a steep hill and take a right at the next intersection and follow C4 right to the Ohio Hotel.
We found 4 guys that rode from Oneonta trying to get to Turin near Boonville here in Norway studying that worthless map of the Adk. trail system. One guy said he new where he was if he could get to Hinkley Res. They were 1 hour out of their way. Told them to follow us and I'd point him to within about 2 miles of Hinkley. We went on to the Ohio Hotel. Very cold trip.
Ron

Were those guys looking for Hinkley Res riding this past Friday? I heard of a local guide trying to get two guys off the lake...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:41 am 
ILSNOW Freak

I think he meant he "knew where he was" in relation to the store (Bailey's). It's pretty easy to get anywhere from there.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:37 pm 
ILSNOW Legend

Jim
Yes it was last Friday the 20th that we ran into 4 of them looking for Hinkley. Did'nt hear of any one having to get helped off Hinkley while we were in the Ohio Hotel that nite. We left there at about 6:30 PM . I talked to several people who were using the lake and said it was rough ( Frozen Slush ) but OK.
Ron

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:02 am 

Let me know when you have the Mosquito Hill hotdog roast, we'd like to go icicle al

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am 
ILSNOW Legend

I'll keep you in mind if we have a tube steak roast at Mosquito Hill. You missed Jack's Camp's roast at the Hill. He has one with his family every Presidents Monday.
Ron

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:09 am 

They we're up this weekend in force one guy was soaked to the chest went in off the Hurrell Vly bridge trying to help someone stuck there. Then one of the groomers went in trying to replace the bridge stake. He was soaked also.The creek is deep there and the snow is 3+ft deep on the bridge people need to stay between the stakes

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:58 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

I had no idea there was actually a bridge there, thought it was just a crossing marked with stakes at a point where the ice was known to be solid. Stopping a line of sleds on the crossing may not have been a real good idea with other sleds still having to pass.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:40 am 
Rookie

We ran into (not literally) the same women, same spot two years in a row. Last year she was looking for her friends and this year we helped her after she ran off the edge of the bridge.

Board index » All Things Snowmobiling » Snowmobiling Issues