Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » All Things Snowmobiling » Snowmobiling Issues

Post subject: Friday short ride
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:23 am 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

The plan was to head out to Ohio tavern for lunch but 3 sleds in the group couldn't make it 1 mile without overheating. Ended up taking the melody trail to Perkins clearing riding around there then calling it a day. Melody trail passable but dirt areas with occasional rocks and ice . Perkins clearing for the most part was sweet , turns were icy take it easy in all turns some dirt rocks exposed in corners on mud lake road. I am done but there is riding to be done but it is die hard out there in parts.

Post subject: Re: Friday short ride
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:41 am 
ILSNOW Legend

John, good to see you again! After lunch we headed to the tree farm and made about 2 or 3 loops of the area. Most of the trails were in good condition. Some areas were a bit bumpy but almost all trails still had 100% coverage. A few bare spots but nothing to worry about. Report to follow shortly...
Joel

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:25 am 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

Glad you enjoyed your ride, good to see you as well.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:02 pm 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

wanted to get out at home today and up there tomorrow but the flu decided to ruin it for me :sad:

2002 Arctic Cat Z 440 (was dads, sold, and found 5 hours away, back home where she belongs)
2004 Arctic Cat ZR120

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:29 pm 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

The parking lots looked like a normal Saturday in February. Sleds are prepped for there rest and stored away. Looking at spring checking an x package for 16 :rev:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:58 pm 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

nice, everyone getting their last hurrah

2002 Arctic Cat Z 440 (was dads, sold, and found 5 hours away, back home where she belongs)
2004 Arctic Cat ZR120

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:41 am 
ILSNOW Freak

Yesterday we rode the area. Fawn lake and big brook to Perkins was nice in the AM. Perkins was good, just take it easy in the corners. Someone slid around an icy corner and came close to hitting me. We headed to town and decided to take Hatchery Brook to avoid the hill by oak Mtn. Plenty of snow, but bumpy. Page St between lakes was passable but won't last much longer. Fish Mtn/oxbow trail was surprisingly good. All the lakes were fine and just enough loose stuff for cooling. Met the groomer on spy lake trail. It was decent but getting thin in areas. Saw lots of sleds out yesterday.
Short ride planned this morning then done for the season.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:50 am 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

Grooming yesterday afternoon on the silver hill trail and out towards the outhouse .

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:36 am 
ILSNOW Freak

fogexp: You looking at a Renegade X for next year? I never bought a Ski Doo but might order a 2016 Renegade X for next year. Not sure about the adjusting ski's if that's a good thing or not but I like the adjusting motion suspension they have on running boards. Was going to go up with Joel Friday but my son wanted to go to Tug Hill to meet a college friend that lives up there. Sorry I never met you yet but will next year for sure. I also think I'm done for the year.

Ron

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 am 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

Yea we will meet next year, if I do spring check it will be the x package which is a longer track then I have now but not a renegade . I can't remember exactly the system I was told it had but I do know the salesmen very well and he and my best friend also more knowledgeable in the mechanics of sleds said this is the sled for me. I just get on them have fun and if there needs adjustments adjustments get made. :dance: my 2014 TNT 600 ho is an incredible sled and have been told the x is even better.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:01 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

Yea finally Ski Doo came out with the 129" track which you will really like. You will get better traction then your TNT and the shock package is a upgrade compared to the TNT. Since I went to a 137" track sled I really like the ride a little better then the shorter tracks but you can't go wrong with the 129" track. Is there a good Ski Doo dealer up your way? Not sure what dealer to go to yet to order my sled if I do decide to get a new sled. Are you sticking with the 600cc or going to a 800cc?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:17 pm 
ILSNOW Hall of Famer

600cc , the lemon tree ( across from firehouse Parkin lot) they are awesome. I am not a definite yet , my sled is only 2 years old so still contemplating it .

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:46 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

Yea I know where that dealer is. I know where your coming from my sled is only 2 years old and just like new since I bought it late in 2014. Only reason I might get a new Ski Doo I like the 2 up seat you can put on sled and only takes seconds to change. My wife doesn't drive but said she wants to go riding with us on some of the nicer groomed trails and then my daughter can ride my Cat so this way the whole family could go on some of the rides. My son is like me a Cat guy but I have always liked Ski Doo's just could never buy one. Took Joel's for a ride and really liked it plus gets good gas mileage like my 4 stroke.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:55 am 
ILSNOW Freak

Check out the Blizzard. It has the 129" track and looks like a nice package. As for engine, I love the 600 Etech. Plenty of power for me and good gas mileage. Also easy on oil.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:35 am 
ILSNOW Freak

fogexp wrote:
600cc , the lemon tree ( across from firehouse Parkin lot) they are awesome. I am not a definite yet , my sled is only 2 years old so still contemplating it .

600 John? Not what you were saying earlier this season! ;) ;) :lol:

Board index » All Things Snowmobiling » Snowmobiling Issues