Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » All Things Snowmobiling » Free For All

Post subject: Winter Over ?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:57 pm 

I don't know Darrin but looking at the long range models it just might be for east coast storms. I know will get some cold shots but not much gulf moisture to work with. The roller coaster ride will continue with more warm and wet than cold ?

Post subject: Re: Winter Over ?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Funny you should ask, because I just got done writing this:

http://www.ilsnow.com/2018/02/12/read-em-and-weep/

Darrin

Get to the ilsnow.com home page and subscribe to my newsletter. It's the fastest way for me to quickly inform people on news regarding snowmobiling. Subscription is FREE and I will never give or sell your email address to putrid spammers!

Reach thousands of snowmobilers:
Become an advertising partner with ilsnow.com

Direct ALL advertising queries to: ilsnowcom@gmail.com

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:31 am 

Very well explained I had a feeling that's what was going to happen here looking at a couple of weather sites. It's a darn shame winter started off really really well and went South again I just don't get it. Thanks for keeping us abreast of the weather you do a great job happy riding.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 am 
ILSNOW Legend

Funny you should bring this up.. Friday I was riding and thinking to myself "I can salvage my slow start to the season and be riding this snow till April!" Saturday morning I worked out in pouring rain and 40's... Sunday woke up and thought "it will be better today"..... Nope poured all day and warm.. Then I looked at the forecast.. well, if you don't want to be depressed, DONT look at any long ranges.

This year I feel like I have cleaned, moved, shoveled and plow more snow and ice and dealt with more cold overall then any I can remember in along time. BUT yet I have one ride in.. Why? Because when I am done working on all the cleanup for work, the temps swing ridiculously high and ruin it all at the snap of a finger..

At this rate, anyone who doesn't live by the trails, or isn't retired and can just ride when it's there, is basically out of the sport. I could sell my sleds, trailer and truck and just rent a sled once a year to ride at this rate.. unbelievable.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:46 am 
Veteran Member

Winters like this are the main reason that I won’t buy another new snowmobile. Our climate is truly out of balance.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

Wellsnowrider wrote:
At this rate, anyone who doesn't live by the trails, or isn't retired and can just ride when it's there, is basically out of the sport. I could sell my sleds, trailer and truck and just rent a sled once a year to ride at this rate.. unbelievable.

If that were entirely the case, I'd suspect the weekends would be considerably less busy around here.

Darrin

Get to the ilsnow.com home page and subscribe to my newsletter. It's the fastest way for me to quickly inform people on news regarding snowmobiling. Subscription is FREE and I will never give or sell your email address to putrid spammers!

Reach thousands of snowmobilers:
Become an advertising partner with ilsnow.com

Direct ALL advertising queries to: ilsnowcom@gmail.com

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:41 pm 
ILSNOW Legend

^^ True. But the weather roller coaster is more then likely decreasing the amount of times people ride overall with winters like this, which isn't great for the sport overall, and in return not good for local business. Doesn't Mother Nature care about our sport? Lol!

Obviously I really can't know for sure who is really riding or how many times a year they do it. For me and those I know that travel to ride, the roller coaster weather is so hard for us to predict that it's nearly impossible to even make plans for riding and we often don't go anymore. It has decreased our trips greatly.

With bad there's almost always good and despite the massive decrease in my riding the last three years, I've been to my camp with family more then ever and have had a lot of fun with them in a new way.

Board index » All Things Snowmobiling » Free For All