Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trail Reports » Warren County

Post subject: sw over to barnstormers?
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:44 pm 

anyone out in sw or over barnstormers area yet?Enough snow yet getting anxious for a local ride!! :rev: :rev:

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

Been hearing that SW has their best December riding in years from someone who lives near Lake Luzerne.

Darrin

Get to the ilsnow.com home page and subscribe to my newsletter. It's the fastest way for me to quickly inform people on news regarding snowmobiling. Subscription is FREE and I will never give or sell your email address to putrid spammers!

Reach thousands of snowmobilers:
Become an advertising partner with ilsnow.com

Direct ALL advertising queries to: ilsnowcom@gmail.com

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:08 am 
ILSNOW Freak

RODE SWARREN YESTERDAY PRETTY GOOD SOME CLANKING BUT NOT BAD THEY JUST OPENED UP THE BIKE TRAIL TO THE GARRISON AND TO WASHINGTON COUNTY LAST KNIGHT

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:41 am 
Rookie

Barnstormers is in the best shape I've ever seen for this time of the year, usually we get 1 good week of riding a year, if we don't get the January thaw and rain-on-snow event, we should be in great shape for some time.

I spun-off a quick 10 mile ride yesterday before dinner around Kingsbury. Not surprisingly, I didn't meet anyone and it was darn cold. The trails aren't icy, just rock hard, with little to no kick-up for cooling. Snowpack is probably 3-8 inches, need more snow for the groomers to work with, they're doing a good job with what they have, didn't see any bare spots, a few rocks here and there and the cornfields were surprisingly good.

ADK Bar & Grill looked good on New Year's eve, usually its bare along Ridge Road at the crossing.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:59 pm 
Rookie

Took the boy and Pop on a nice 1 hr burn around Kingsbury again today, its the best that I can ever recall seeing it, great job Barnstormers! Cold and snow is thin, but they did a great job smoothing everything out, very few people out, incredibly fast fields!

My saying is that we usually get 1 good week a year to ride down here, hopefully the warm-up and rain doesn't wipe everything out and that we can recover for a great year!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:44 am 
Rookie

on Sunday 1/7/2019 left Vaughn Rd near Kingsbury Town barn went to Prospect Mt then to Longhorn for lunch and back 75 miles trails were in great shape

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 pm 
Rookie

Ripped off a nice 20+ miles with the kids on Tuesday 1.9; was getting thin in troubled areas; absolutely destroyed now. We should have a rock hard 2-3 inch base in the good parts after tomorrow. After the greatest start to a season that I can remember in many years, where gonna need several decent storms to re-work the magic.

Board index » Trail Reports » Warren County