Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trail Reports » Arietta/Piseco/Powley Road

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:31 am 
ILSNOW Legend

Not broke out as of Saturday evening. 11 of us tried to take it Saturday afternoon and had to turn back. We could not get up a steep hill about 2 miles north of the intersection of the Dexter Lake sign in. Tried to walk it to pack it but the snow was to wet (it was pouring out) Two guys would not turn around and dropped down onto NYS Rt 10 and rode the black top back 12 miles to the Powley Rd. I only saw one track heading south on it at the Powley Rd. Should have known we were in trouble right at the get go when we headed north from Pine Lake Inn. Must have been to much snow for the guys who take care of this trail. I would not recommend using this trail till we get colder weather and they can get out with a drag on. I'll call the groomers and keep you posted.
Corridor C8A was real rough from Pleasant Lake all the way back to the Stratford end of the Powley Rd. But we knew this was due to the light powdery snow and a lot of traffic.
I talked to the groomer who works this section in the Pine Lake Inn. He said that Friday and early Saturday saw more riders than he had ever seen in this area in just two days. Could not keep up with it and now it was raining and the snow would just ball up in the drags. We just looked in the door at the Pleasant Lake Inn and went on to the Pine Lake Inn. I counted aver 75 sleds in their yard and the place is not that big. Good for them.
Ron & Derrie

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 pm 
Rookie

Any idea how it's going to look this weekend?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 pm 

Was there a poker run around caroga/stratford this past weekend that would account for the traffic?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:41 am 
ILSNOW Legend

All I can tell you is that this past Saturday going by on the Powley Rd and going home along Rt 10, it looked like there were tracks on it but it did not look like it was groomed. That is from what I could see just riding by.
Ron

Board index » Trail Reports » Arietta/Piseco/Powley Road